[ soothe ]
When you can't get out there, bring nature home. Terramoor herbal mud has been used for thousands of years to soothe skin and muscles, relieving aches and skin irritations.
Forest Bathing, shinrin-yoku: The ritual of connecting with nature and surrounding ourselves with the energy of the natural world to enhance well-being, reduce stress and restore calm.
The Ritual: Pour about 1/4 cup into a warm bath. Or, if you prefer, massage the aromatic mud directly into your skin and then immerse yourself in the bath. Close your eyes and breathe deeply, inhaling the aromas of the forest as you unwind. Enhance your experience by eliminating all digital and other distractions.EXPLORE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF FOREST BATHING
When humans breathe phytoncides in, they can produce many fabulous benefits inside the body. Some of the responses discovered by science include:
- Immune response: a 2-hour walk in the forest increases NK cell activity that can last for days
- Anti-inflammatory: common forest terpenes temper inflammation and reduce oxidative stress
- Nervous system: forest air creates a relaxation response and lowers nervous system activity
- Mood enhancing: exposure to forest air reduces cortisol levels and β-pinene has anti-depressive properties
- Sleep: phytoncides like α-pinene enhance sleep
- Blood glucose: exposure to VOCs can reduce blood glucose levels
Visiting forests on a relatively regular basis can be a good health-promoting practice, since, by reducing stress levels and boosting immune function, it seems capable of diminishing the incidence of stress-related and lifestyle-induced illnesses, varying from cardiovascular, respiratory, or metabolic diseases to neuropsychiatric conditions and, possibly, even cancer.
READ MORE ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF FOREST BATHING
FULL INGREDIENTS LIST: Terramoor herbal mud~, Western red cedar leaf essential oil~.
Handcrafted in Bend, Oregon 16 fl oz | 480ml